Pages

Saturday 16 August 2014

Announcement

When I started this blog, a whole three years ago (a lifetime in computer terms), it was purely as a place to dump my Goodreads book reviews. Goodreads is a wonderful place and I love it dearly, but it isn't the easiest place to navigate (she said with commendable understatement). It takes forever to find my own reviews, and the search engine is inscrutable. But here, the cloud of author names makes it a breeze to find old reviews, so I can check what I said about parts 1, 2 and 3 while reviewing part 4 of a series.

In those three years, I became a contributor to another blog focused on speculative fiction, and I also became a writer, after years of dabbling and tinkering, and started a blog about my writing adventures. And, to be honest, three blogs is at least one too many. So I'm going to rationalise. This blog will now fossilise, keeping what's here as an archive, but without adding new material. All my future book reviews and book-related ramblings will now be posted at my writing blog, along with my occasional progress reports on my own writing and rants about the more arcane aspects of self-publishing. My fantasy and sci-fi book reviews will continue to be posted at Fantasy Review Barn, along with fellow contributors Nathan and Anachronist. [ETA: Fantasy Review Barn is no more, all of us having moved on.]

So hop over to one or other (or both) of those sites to keep up with my future book reviews:

My epic fantasy author website, with reviews of fantasy, sci-fi, mystery and the occasional literary fiction affair that my book group insists on.

Fantasy Review Barn, for fantasy and sci-fi reviews from three very different bloggers.

Or you can catch all my accumulated book reviews at Goodreads.

ETA: Nowadays, there's also my website for my Regency romance books, under the name Mary Kingswood, where you can find reviews of books in that genre.

3 comments:

  1. Nice! Kudos for sticking with what you love for this long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mark! When you write about what you love, blogging is a pleasure.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete